By Stephen Darwell
Consequentialism collects, for the 1st time, either the most classical resources and the relevant modern expressions of this significant place. Edited and brought by means of Stephen Darwall, those readings are crucial for somebody attracted to normative ethics.
- Edited and brought via Stephen Darwall, examines key themes within the consequentialist department of ethical theory.
- Includes seven essays which reply to the vintage sources.
- Includes an insightful dialogue of significant subject matters in consequentialism by means of John Rawls and Amartya Sen.
- Includes vintage articles by way of key figures such Jeremy Bentham, John Stuart Mill, Henry Sidgwick and G. E. Moore; and up to date reactions to this paintings by way of philosophers together with Philip Pettit, Derek Parfit, Samuel Scheffler, Peter Railton, R. B. Brandt, J. C. Harsanyi, and Robert Adams.
Read Online or Download Consequentialism (Wiley Blackwell Readings in Philosophy) PDF
Best ethics & morality books
Formal research-ethics committees in Canada now functionality as an undefined, costing over thirty-five million money every year. The Seduction of Ethics argues that whereas ethics codes are pleasing to the general public, they gas ethical panic and elevate calls for for institutional responsibility. Will C. van den Hoonaard explores the research-ethics overview strategy itself via analysing the ethical cosmology and practices of ethics committees concerning learn and researchers.
The correct factor to Do: uncomplicated Readings in ethical Philosophy is a spouse reader to the best-selling textual content: the weather of ethical Philosophy (0-07-8119065). Authors James Rachels and Stuart Rachels provide enticing, thought-provoking essays on compelling concerns that scholars are conversant in and comprehend.
The significant goal of this e-book is to increase and guard an research of the idea that of ethical legal responsibility. The research is impartial relating to competing substantive theories of legal responsibility, even if consequentialist or deontological in personality. What it seeks to do is generate ideas to quite a number philosophical difficulties touching on legal responsibility and its program.
“When personality and the Christian lifestyles first seemed in 1975, it was once an important theological contribution to ethical debate to seem for a few years. Hauerwas Catholic ethical theology in making the speculation of the virtues an issue for argument among secular and Christian moralities; yet he associated that conception to a distinctively Protestant view of God’s dating to humans.
- Boundaries, Second Edition: Boundaries: A Casebook in Environmental Ethics
- Sociological Theory, Values, and Sociocultural Change: Essays in Honor of Pitirim A. Sorokin
- Music and Ethical Responsibility
- Global Feminist Ethics (Feminist Constructions)
- Free Will and Luck
- Moral Psychology: Virtue and Character (MIT Press Book 5)
Additional info for Consequentialism (Wiley Blackwell Readings in Philosophy)
Consequentialism (Wiley Blackwell Readings in Philosophy) by Stephen Darwell