By Chris Sells,Kirk Fertitta,Christopher Tavares,Brent E. Rector
The vintage consultant to ATL–Now up to date for ATL eight and visible Studio 2005
Four top home windows programming specialists systematically demonstrate ATL’s internal workings, explaining not only how ATL works, yet why it really works how it does. Client-side builders will grasp ATL’s assets for windowing, COM keep watch over, MFC integration, net carrier proxy new release, and extra. Server-side programmers will observe ATL’s complete COM server and item prone, and its broad aid for high-throughput, high-concurrency net functions, and providers. each home windows developer will research strong how you can elevate flexibility, lessen overhead, and maximize transparency and control.
• detect ATL’s internals via diagrams, instance code, and inner ATL implementation code
• stroll via wizards that simplify ATL utilization in universal applications
• grasp string dealing with in C++, COM, and ATL
• Leverage ATL clever forms, together with CComPtr, CComQIPtr, CComBSTR, and CComVariant
• comprehend and select definitely the right concepts for enforcing IUnknown
• Create glue code that exposes COM items from COM servers
• Use canned interface implementations to aid item endurance, COM
collections, enumerators, and connection points
• construct standalone functions and UI parts with ATL window sessions
• Use ATL Server to enhance internet purposes that run on Microsoft IIS
By Torsten Uhlmann
The instruments to construct attractive and safe internet functions are altering at a livid velocity. during the last few years the carry framework in addition to the Scala programming language have emerged as a well-known toolset to enhance safe, scalable, and responsive applications.
"Lift net purposes How-to" may help you start with the elevate framework. study via sensible and proper examples how very important projects are comprehensive, from developing your improvement atmosphere to extending your program with a relaxation API.
Through a few transparent, useful recipes you'll be guided via developing your improvement atmosphere, beginning your first carry program, and constructing virtually proper positive aspects in your personal functions. you'll be brought to Lifts development blocks like clothier pleasant Templates, Snippets, and CSS Selectors. how you can combine AJAX into your purposes and the way to lead them to much more responsive with Comet updates from the server to the browser. we are going to speak about leisure API integration in addition to integrating CSS frameworks like Twitter Bootstrap into your individual functions. research every thing you want to be aware of to begin constructing enticing, actual existence internet purposes with the raise framework and the foremost beneficial properties elevate give you with a purpose to comprehend its benefits.
Filled with useful, step by step directions and transparent motives for crucial and worthy initiatives. Get the activity performed and research as you cross. Packt How-to books stick with functional examples to quick and simply teach within the use of a toolset.
Who this ebook is for
This publication is for builders who are looking to commence constructing elevate functions and find out about the elevate framework and its remarkable features, and for those that are looking to develop into happy with the elevate toolset to allow them to speedy wake up to hurry with elevate and start constructing their first functions. the sensible descriptions in the ebook speedy convey the reader no matter if elevate has definitely the right beneficial properties for them. This e-book is for those that have a few simple wisdom and figuring out of the Scala language.
By Chris McCord,Bruce Tate,Jose Valim
Don't settle for the compromise among quickly and gorgeous: you could have all of it. Phoenix author Chris McCord, Elixir author Jose Valim, and award-winning writer Bruce Tate stroll you thru construction an program that is quick and trustworthy. At each step, you will examine from the Phoenix creators not only what to do, yet why. filled with insider insights, this definitive consultant could be your consistent spouse on your trip from Phoenix beginner to specialist, as you construct the subsequent iteration of net applications.
Phoenix is the long-awaited net framework in keeping with Elixir, the hugely concurrent language that mixes a gorgeous syntax with wealthy metaprogramming. The authors, who constructed the earliest creation Phoenix purposes, will enable you to create code that is more uncomplicated to write down, try, comprehend, and continue.
The top method to study Phoenix is to code, and you will get to assault a few fascinating difficulties. commence operating with controllers, perspectives, and templates in the first few pages. construct an in-memory repository, after which again it with an Ecto database layer. discover ways to use swap units and constraints that continue readers educated and your database integrity intact. Craft your personal interactive program in keeping with the channels API for the real-time, high-performance purposes that this atmosphere made recognized. Write your personal authentication elements referred to as plugs, or even discover ways to use the OTP layer for monitored, trustworthy providers. arrange your code with umbrella initiatives so that you can hold your purposes modular and straightforward to maintain.
This is a publication via builders and for builders, and we all know the best way to assist you ramp up fast. Any e-book can let you know what to do. whilst you could have complete this one, you will additionally comprehend why to do it.
What You Need:
To paintings via this booklet, you will want a working laptop or computer in a position to operating Erlang 17 or greater, Elixir 1.1, or larger, Phoenix 1.0 or higher, and Ecto 1.0 or greater. A rudimentary wisdom of Elixir is additionally hugely recommended.
By Ryan Roemer
The e-book progresses from Mocha try suites and Chai assertions to complicated try mocks and stubs with Sinon.JS. The considered necessary libraries and utilities are brought with in-depth examples and most sensible practices for integration along with your purposes. The publication publications you thru the attempt making plans and implementation procedures in your program types, perspectives, routers, and different Backbone.js components.
Backbone.js trying out grants the instruments, examples, and tips to check your Backbone.js net functions completely, speedy, and with confidence.
This ebook is choked with step by step tutorials and directions in recipe structure that can assist you create try infrastructures and progressively develop your Backbone.js software improvement and trying out skills.
Who this booklet is for
By Frank L. Schad
Solide CSS-Kenntnisse gehören in den Werkzeugkasten aller (angehenden) Webdesigner/innen. Schritt für Schritt erstellen Sie in diesem Lernbuch mehrere Webseiten-Layouts und lernen dabei alle wichtigen CSS-Techniken von der Pike auf kennen. Sie gestalten textual content, Hintergründe, pay attention, Navigationsleisten and so on. und lernen, wie Sie Seitenelemente in ein- und mehrspaltigen Layouts positionieren und Ihre Layouts sauber und standardkonform umsetzen, so dass sie in allen gängigen Browsern und Rendering Engines ohne Fehler funktionieren.
Im zweiten Teil des Buches wenden Sie Ihre Kenntnisse in mehreren detailliert angeleiteten Workshops an, erstellen komplexe Layouts und arbeiten mit fortgeschrittenen Techniken wie z.B. Flexbox.
Nach dem Durcharbeiten dieses Buches können Sie Ihre Webseiten mit CSS selbstständig und frei erstellen und gestalten.
Das Lernbuch berücksichtigt besonders die Gestaltung flexibler Layouts, die nicht auf bestimmte Bildschirmgrößen festgelegt sind. Nicht Bestandteil dieses Grundlagenbuchs ist hingegen das Responsive Webdesign mit Media Queries, mit deren Hilfe Sie reaktionsfähige web pages gestalten können, die sich dynamisch an die Bildschirmgröße verschiedener Mobilgeräte anpassen. Diesem umfangreichen Thema ist der dritte Band der Buchreihe "Grundwissen für Webdesigner/innen" (Webmasters Press Verlag) gewidmet.
In diesem Buch lernen Sie unter anderem:
- CSS in HTML einbinden
- Umgehen mit den verschiedenen Maßeinheiten in CSS
- Texte formatieren
- CSS-Klassen und IDs
- Pseudoklassen und -Elemente
- Hintergründe, Bilder, Konturen und Abstände
- Farben und Farbverläufe in CSS
- Komplexe Layouts gestalten
- Browserspezifische Lösungen
Webmasters-Press-Bücher sind Lernbücher. Sie sind aus der Unterrichtspraxis heraus entwickelt und vermitteln zielstrebig und in klaren Worten Praxiswissen für Ihre eigenen Projekte. Fragen zur Lernerfolgskontrolle und Übungsaufgaben vertiefen und festigen das neu erworbene Wissen.
By Dan Kusnetzky
What precisely is virtualization? As this concise e-book explains, virtualization is a smorgasbord of applied sciences that provide enterprises many merits, no matter if you are handling super huge shops of quickly altering facts, scaling out an software, or harnessing large quantities of computational strength. With this advisor, you get an outline of the 5 major forms of virtualization expertise, besides details on defense, administration, and smooth use cases.
- Access virtualization—Allows entry to any software from any device
- Application virtualization—Enables purposes to run on many various working platforms and platforms
- Processing virtualization—Makes one method appear like many, or many look like one
- Network virtualization—Presents a man-made view of the community that differs from the actual reality
- Storage virtualization—Allows many structures to proportion an analogous garage units, allows concealing the site of garage structures, and more
By Andrew J Wagner
- Write expressive, comprehensible, and maintainable fast 2 code with this hands-on tutorial
- Unveil the advanced underpinnings of quick to show your app rules into reality
- This e-book is full of real-life examples that can assist you enforce strategies as you learn
Swift is Apple's new programming language and the way forward for iOS and OS X app improvement. it's a high-performance language that seems like a contemporary scripting language. at the floor, rapid is straightforward to leap into, however it has complicated underpinnings which are serious to turning into expert at turning an idea into reality.
This e-book is an approachable, step by step advent into programming with speedy for everybody. It starts off by way of supplying you with an outline of the foremost good points via functional examples and progresses to extra complicated issues that support differentiate the informed builders from the mediocre ones. It covers vital strategies resembling Variables, Optionals, Closures, Generics, and reminiscence administration. jumbled in with these options, it additionally is helping you examine the paintings of programming comparable to maintainability, helpful layout styles, and assets to extra your wisdom. This all culminates in writing a easy iOS app that would get you good in your approach to turning your individual app rules into reality.
What you are going to learn
- Form an outstanding figuring out of the rapid 2 language
- Get to understand the sensible facets of the way a working laptop or computer application really works
- Understand the paradigms utilized by Apple's frameworks so that you aren't intimidated through them
- Utilize the giant assets written in Objective-C to raised tell your fast programming
- Develop a simple portfolio of quick code by way of studying the serious concepts
- Experience either object-oriented and useful programming
- Get to understand the hot coding suggestions made to be had via fast 2
- Discover assets to make sure you by no means cease turning into a greater developer
About the Author
Andrew J Wagner is a software program developer who concentrates on iOS improvement and backend internet providers. He has a level in machine engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, big apple. at the moment, he works for a improvement store named Chronos Interactive established in Denver, CO. He has adventure of operating with and for large-scale and small-scale businesses, in addition to working his personal contracting and app businesses. he's keen about utilizing desktops as an artistic outlet and writing software program that's appealing in implementation, performance, and experience.
When he is not operating or spending time with family and friends, he writes for his web publication at http://drewag.me.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Swift
- Building Blocks – Variables, Collections, and stream Control
- One Piece at a Time – varieties, Scopes, and Projects
- To Be or to not Be – Optionals
- A smooth Paradigm – Closures and useful Programming
- Make speedy give you the results you want – Protocols and Generics
- Everything is attached – reminiscence Management
- Paths much less Traveled – blunders Handling
- Writing Code the rapid manner – layout styles and Techniques
- Harnessing the previous – figuring out and Translating Objective-C
- A complete New international – constructing an App
- What's subsequent? – assets, recommendation, and the following Steps
By Leon Anavi
About This Book
- Discover new possibilities to improve and post Tizen purposes for leading edge devices
- Create new or port present Qt, PhoneGap, and Android purposes to Tizen
- This ebook covers step by step recipes exploring Tizen's program improvement environment
Who This booklet Is For
If you need to input the interesting international of Tizen and the right way to improve attractive and winning purposes then this booklet is for you. it will gain newbies and skilled program builders alike.
What you'll Learn
- Set up the Tizen SDK on Linux, home windows, and Mac OS X
- Create Tizen internet functions utilizing the Tizen UI Framework
- Use social media APIs to improve fb, Twitter, and LinkedIn purposes for Tizen
- Explore the Tizen atmosphere and the way to carry your purposes to the market
- Discover how you can ship and obtain textual content messages and e-mails in addition to the best way to move information over Bluetooth and NFC
- Delve into the Tizen net APIs to regulate the handle e-book, calendar, and alarms
- Retrieve facts from gadget sensors corresponding to the GPS, the accelerometer, and the gyroscope sensor
Tizen is an open resource Linux-based software program platform for quite a few units, from smartphones and watches to in-vehicle infotainment. program improvement relies on open criteria and HTML5 is the first improvement technology.
Starting with a close description of utilizing the Tizen SDK, you are going to delve into Tizen improvement on Linux, home windows, and Mac OS with this e-book. you'll discover ways to use the Tizen IDE and flow directly to utilizing the internet simulator and gadget emulator.
The recipes during this booklet are worthwhile in exploring and optimizing Tizen to enhance intriguing cellular and internet applications.
By Sonatype Company
For too lengthy, builders have labored on disorganized software initiatives, the place every little thing appeared to have its personal construct method, and no universal repository existed for info in regards to the country of the undertaking. Now there is support. The long-awaited legitimate documentation to Maven is here.
Written via Maven author Jason Van Zyl and his staff at Sonatype, Maven: The Definitive Guide sincerely explains how this software can deliver order for your software program improvement initiatives. Maven is basically changing Ant because the construct device of selection for giant open resource Java initiatives simply because, not like Ant, Maven is additionally a venture administration device that may run stories, generate a undertaking site, and facilitate verbal exchange between participants of a operating team.
To use Maven, every little thing you must comprehend is during this advisor. the 1st half demonstrates the tool's features during the improvement, from ideation to deployment, of numerous pattern functions -- an easy software program improvement undertaking, an easy net program, a multi-module undertaking, and a multi-module firm project.
The moment half deals a whole reference consultant that includes:
- The POM and undertaking Relationships
- The construct Lifecycle
- Project web site generation
- Advanced website generation
- Build Profiles
- The Maven Repository
- Team Collaboration
- Writing Plugins
- IDEs comparable to Eclipse, IntelliJ, ands NetBeans
- Using and developing assemblies
- Developing with Maven Archetypes
Several resources for Maven have seemed on-line for your time, yet not anything served as an advent and accomplished reference advisor to this software -- in the past. Maven: The Definitive Guide is the correct ebook that will help you deal with improvement initiatives for software program, internet purposes, and company functions. And it comes directly from the source.
By Anghel Leonard